I am an Engineer who specializes in building masively scalable software systems. Currently I live in Chicago, IL.
- At Phenix, I am improving the performance and latency of HLS and DASH live streams. I am also working on protecting live and on-demand streams with state of art DRM techniques so that premium content can be streamed on every device without the risk of being stolen.
- Feb, 2017 - I accepted the position of Senior Software Engineer at Phenix. Phenix is building a real time video streaming platform that can scale to millions of concurrent viewers with less than 500ms of latency.
- I lead development for scaling Dónde platform's major products to Enterprise software. My big focus is on improving the quality of products, services and code. And optimizing them for low response time and high traffic.
- Dec, 2015 - I start Working at Mobify as Senior Software Engineer working on improving Dónde products.
- Mobify acquires Dónde 💥
- At Mobify, I am leading development of Dónde's major products - Store Locator, Donde Ads and Donde Analytics. These products are composed of tons of focused services that are needed to be up and running 24 X 7. I evolve as a full stack Engineer.
- I contribute to almost all products and services at Dónde in all phases of software development - design, development, testing, build & deployment and support.
- I start working for Dónde, an early stage startup that would build the world's best location technology platform.
- I start working at Epic Systems as Software Developer for the Optime team. Epic OpTime is the highest rated surgery management software according to KLAS ratings.
- I graduate from Delhi College of Engineering at University of Delhi with a first class degree in Computer Engineering.
- In Google Summer of Code, I improve Alarm support and add extension points in Mozilla Thunderbird's calendar addon to allow full access control list (ACL) support.
- I get accepted in Google Summer of Code to work with Mozilla Foundation.
- I get accepted to prestigious Delhi College of Engineering at University of Delhi to study Computer Engineering.
New problems excite me. Lately I have enjoyed working on video streaming, content delivery networks (CDN), content protection and scalable infrastructure.
I have worked on Video Streaming, HLS, DASH, Content Protection, Content encryption, DRM - Widevine, Fairplay, Playready, Devops, RESTful APIs, Single Page Apps, NoSQL databases, Location Intelligence, Ad tech, Analytics and Reporting, Data Visualization, Data Cleansing and Deduplication, and Geospatial tools.
I am passionate about writing code that can withstand the test of time. At a lower level this translates to obsession about design pattern and writing intuitive code.
I take automatically testing of code very seriously. In past I've setup processes in my teams to produce highly testable code with elaborate test suites.